Monday, August 24, 2009

ExcerpTuesday - Christine Marciniak


Bio:
Christine Marciniak used to be a teenager and even though she isn’t anymore, she enjoys writing for teens. When Mike Kissed Emma is her first published book, although she first completed a novel back in high school. A former editor for a travel publication, she lives in New Jersey with her husband and two children.
Excerpt:
And I kissed him back.
I was in his arms. His lips were on mine. The world around us disappeared. There was no one here but me. And Mike. I held him tight. Mike’s mouth was warm and soft on mine. My legs were like rubber. I held him tighter to keep from falling down.
The DJ started playing Michael Jackson’s Thriller, and the spell was broken. I backed up from Mike. What had I done? I’d been kissing Mike! He smiled at me. I just stood there. What had I done?
I turned from him and fled. I left the dance floor and headed straight to the bathroom. I splashed water on my face.
What had that been? That kiss had reached down into my insides and pulled. Wow. I splashed more water on my face.
But it was Mike.
Biker Mike.

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

I love the kiss! It is THE BEST part of the book! It's just perfect!