Monday, October 5, 2009

ExcerpTuesday - Krista Davis






Agatha-nominated author Krista Davis shares a slice of her latest mystery novel, The Diva Takes the Cake. Welcome Krista.






EXCERPT from The Diva Takes the Cake
. . . one of us knew exactly where the scream originated. Daisy galloped to the kitchen door. Trusting her instincts, I raced behind her. Inside, she bounded up the stairs, didn’t pause at the landing, and ran up to the third floor. She lost me at the second floor but I heard her growling. Forcing my leaden legs and gasping for breath, I clambered up the last flight.
Phoebe stood at the top of the stairs, her hands shaking. “He . . . he’s in the closet.”
Warily, I peeked into the bedroom. Daisy snarled at the closet door, her upper lip lifted into scary wrinkles, baring her teeth.
I could hear people churning up the stairs. Moving slowly, I entered the little bedroom, afraid I might find blood. She’d said he. Craig’s father? Uncle Stan? Kevin?
Phoebe had jammed a chair under the doorknob of the closet. Good thinking for a panicked person. Dreading what I would find, I slid the chair away.
Mars, Joel, and Dad pressed into the bedroom with me. I reached for the doorknob but before I touched it, it turned by itself.


BLURB of The Diva Takes the Cake
Sophie Winston’s sister, Hannah, is getting married -- again! And if you ask Sophie, her future brother-in-law is no prince. But is he a killer? That’s the question on everyone’s mind when his ex-wife is found hanging from a pergola. This is one event Sophie and her sister hadn’t planned on.
As hidden family secrets begin to come to light, Sophie finds the list of suspects is almost as long as the list of wedding guests. Will the real killer be seated on the groom’s side or the bride’s? Or will he be standing at the altar? Either way, Sophie must solve the murder in time to stop her sister from making the biggest -- and possibly last -- mistake of her life.


You can learn more about Krista Davis at:





Thanks Krista for stopping by.









No comments: