Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Authorsday - Tina Gallagher




Tina graciously saved me when I had no Authorsday. Thank you Tina.


Here is her inteview.


How did you pick the genre you write in? My best friend and I used to write happily-ever-afters for our favorite soap opera couple. Ever since then I’ve been hooked on romance because there’s always a happy ending. Maybe it’s sappy, but I like to know that no matter what happens on the pages, at the end of the book, everything will work out.

Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants? I write by the seat of my pants. I pretty much get an idea and go with it. All the twists and turns usually come to me as I write.
What drew you to the subject of Romance by the Book? Well, how many times do you read a book and fall head over heels in love with the hero? So I asked myself, “What would happen if that hero you’ve fallen in love with walked through your door one day?” a new book was born.
How many rejections have you received? I can’t count that high. J Seriously, I could wallpaper my entire house with my rejections and still have some papers left over.

What was the best writing advice someone gave you? To never give up. Every time I receive a rejection, I remind myself that I’ll only fail if I stop trying.
If you have a day job, what is it? Right now, I work as an administrative assistant at an HVAC company.

What’s your writing schedule? I usually write from 10:00pm until midnight or so during the week and squeeze as much time in during the weekend as I can.

What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go? Ireland

What do you do when you are not writing? When I’m not writing, I’m usually sitting in the stands cheering my kids on in one sport or another. And of course, I’m an avid reader.
What would you like to learn to do that you haven’t? I’d love to learn how to play the piano. Maybe someday…

Author Bio:
Tina was raised in Northeast Pennsylvania and in-between softball, basketball, and music lessons, she and her best friend would create their own "happily ever afters" for their favorite soap opera couples. After a while, the soap operas lost their appeal, but the writing never did. She continues to use her imagination to weave stories about heroes and heroines who share deep, lasting relationships.
Tina is an active member of the Pocono/Lehigh Romance Writers, a chapter of the Romance Writers of America. She and her husband live in Northeast Pennsylvania with their two beautiful children.

Book Blurb:
After a disastrous marriage, real estate agent, Maureen O’Connell, is content reading about life, love and the perfect man in her favorite romance novel. Finn Ryan walks into her life and has to convince her that he’s better than a character in a book.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Always nice to meet another "pantser." Enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your life and work.

J Hali Steele said...

Tina, color me sappy also. What I love about romance-the HEA. And I love the name Finn for a hero...I'll have to head on over to The Wild Rose Press *grins*

Nice job, you two.