Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Authorsday:Tara Nina

Today Tara Nina is under the microscope. Let's see if she squirms.






1. Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants?

I am a pantser, most definitely. I hate to plot. I listen to the voices of my characters and they tell me where they want to go and what route they want to take to get there. And let me say, they never take the easy way 



2. What drew you to the subject of Devilish Delights?

My latest book “Devilish Delights” was the brainstorm of a few too many ‘hurricanes’ at a bar in Dallas. I was sitting in a group of authors and somehow one of my best friend’s, author C.H. Admirand, brings up the subject of Ben Wa Balls and their use. How do they stay in? And best of all, what would happen if they fell out in a public place? The rest is history.



3. If you could ask your readers one question, what would it be?

What is their favorite book and why? What touched them so much that it became their favorite? Hopefully, it would give me some insight into how to make my next book better.

4. If you have a day job, what is it?

Unfortunately, I have to work outside of the home. I work as an MRI tech for a local hospital. My dream is to become a full-time writer.



5. What do you know now that you are published that you didn’t know pre-published that you wish you knew?

Writing is a job filled with more obstacles than any ‘normal’ day job. How you handle those obstacles makes you a better, stronger writer and keeps the adventure of creating novels interesting and fun.



6. What do you consider your strengths in terms of your writing?

My characters. I love each and every one of them (even the villains, they need love too). Without these characters talking, acting out and guiding me, there’d be no story to tell.



7. What do you consider your weakness and what strategies do you use to overcome it? Writing too many things at once. I have a bad tendency to work on several projects at the same time. It slows the process. Now I try to focus on one at a time until I reach the end, switch to the next until I reach it’s end then go back and read through the first one with a fresh eye.



8. What’s your writing schedule? I steal every second I can get. Not being a full time writer makes it tough to find time to create especially with family and work requiring a huge slice of my day.



9. What three things would you want with you on a desert island?

Gerard Butler, Guinness, and my laptop with Internet access so I could document my adventures and share 



10. What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go?

Scotland and Ireland.



11. What’s your favorite food?

Ice Cream



12. Who is your greatest cheerleader?

I’m very lucky. I have two I can lean on at any time. Authors C.H. Admirand and Anne Elizabeth

13. Where do you write?

Outside on my deck when the weather is nice. I like the outdoors and try to spend as much time outside as possible.



14. What was the hardest scene to write?

The hardest scene for me to write was the first sex scene in my first novel. I never realized how hard it is to keep body parts in order and not make it an impossible action to physically complete. Hands, feet, legs and arms and other body parts have to actually be able to go in the direction you’ve got them going or else someone’s gonna say “that can’t physically be done unless you’re an acrobat.”



15. What was your favorite scene to write?

The first encounter between Ericka and Gavin in Curse of the Gargoyle. She’s level headed and doesn’t believe in paranormal events and right before her eyes a solid stone statue breaks apart and out steps this gorgeous Scottish God of a man.

No comments: